script error when use in a page which has a reference to new version of jquery

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Hi there,By the way thanks for that great useful control.

But when im trying to use your control in a page which has a script referecene to latest jquery library, it doesnt work, an script error occurs.

(note:error says: jQuery is undefined ...)

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Set DropDownCheckBoxes.AddJQueryReference to 'false'.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Hi,

the control looks great and would reflect my needs in a new project. But unfortunately I'm running in the same project. I've compiled the whole project with .NET 4.0 again. Withing your sample webpage application it works fine. But in my own project i receive the error message "Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'jQuery' is undefined".

The "AddJQueryReference" is set to false ... in the HTML code as well as in the code behind. 

<asp:DropDownCheckBoxes ID="ddlSoftware" 
    AutoPostBack="True" 

AddJQueryReference="False" 

UseButtons="False" 

UseSelectAllNode="True" 

runat="server">
    <Style SelectBoxWidth="240"/>

<Texts SelectBoxCaption="Select Additional Software"/>
</asp:DropDownCheckBoxes>

ddlSoftware.AddJQueryReference = false;

Do you have another suggestion ?

Thanks in advance,
Uwe

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Additional information: instead of using the DLL only I've included the whole "DropDownCheckBoxes" project - but the problem persist. Furthermore I've created copies of the scripts (DropDownScript.js, DropDownScript.min.js & jquery-1.6.1.min.js) in the web projects script folder and created links/references in the HTML file (which was probably not necessary):

<head runat="server">
    <script src="Scripts/DropDownScript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="Scripts/DropDownScript.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="Scripts/jquery-1.6.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>

...but the problem persits.